Hey you beautiful people,
This is Christmas, New Year season and that time of the year where all you would see is SALE SALE SALE ! 😅 .. Well, quite literally 🙄
Just like most of us, I too am a big time shopaholic who just need reasons to shop.
However after doing hell lot of shopping during this Shopping season, I realized and understood few gimmicks that online stores play and we as buyers may not understand and rush to shop almost everything. So here i am writing few from my personal experience
- Free Gifts – There would be some offers under which the online stores promise to privide a free gift on a minimum purchasee of, say a particular brand. I bought ‘Stay Quirky’ brand’s products worth Rs. 999 just to receive a free gift lipstick. Well, firstly I didn’t have a plan to buy products of this particular brand worth rs. 999 but because I wanted that one free lipstick, i made the cart value as min 999/-. Now, the product that I received as a free gift was a lip crayon which was of the color I believe nobody in this planet would go for 😑 . So the point is Free Gifts that they provide you are the ones least sold and which may be of no use.
- No discounts on LUXE brands – While the whole website of the online shopping store will flash with offers discounts blah blah, you won’t find discounts on Luxury brands like Clinique, Estee Lauder etc. I have tried buying Clinique moisturizer on discount cos this is Sales season and guess what, failed to locate one website which selling that on discounted price. Not sure what Sales is all about if what I actually need is on MRP.
- You may received damaged products – Yes, you read that right. I have recently bought a Maybelline high end lip mousse because I was getting that in discount of course but when i received it, it wasnt seal(I assumed liquid lipsticks may not always be sealed) and it was all dried. Also, check for the expiry dates of the products you receive as high chancea are, discounted products are the ones expiring soon and the website just needs to clear the stock.
- You may end up over buying and products you don’t need only – At least I do this. However I do use the products but make sure you buy the ones you actually need and don’t make your budget suffer 😁
Well, this was all on this topic. Please do let me know your take and experiences in Comments.
I have recently bought L’oreal Professionnel Lipidium Masque and Shampoo from Amazon (India). I normally don’t buy cosmetics/personal care stuff from Amazon/Flipkart/eBay but since there was some good discount, I bought it.
After, using the masque for the first time itself, I realized there’s something different because I have been using the same series for years now and very well know the texture and smell of the same.
The texture of this particular product was different and so was the smell. I realized the product from Amazon as not authentic as next thing I did was ordering the same products from Nykaa and comparing the two.
Same experience I had when I had bought Maybelline New York Colossal Kajal from eBay India.
The products you would receive from these sites are very much similar in packaging to the original ones but with 100% guarantee I can vouch they don’t send you original products. Please don’t fall prey to these.
Hope this information helps you buying original and authentic products !
Please let me know in comments if you had similar experience
Thanks for reading,
This post is little different from what I write generally. This would fall under informative posts category 😀
So I recently became customer of Citi Bank and I have called their customer support for some concern. The representative asked me if I would want to be a part of “Voice Authentication Service”, knowing little about it, I said Yes.
This Voice Authentication Service is a service in which when you call the Citi Bank customer care for any issues, your identity will be authenticated by your voice alone and no hassle of proving your identity by providing them different proofs.
“Time is Money”. And this simple yet useful service would help you save some time and hassle.
Hope this information was helpful for those who are unaware of it yet like I was until now.
Though this was a post little different from the categories I write about but thought of just sharing the info as it might be useful for some.
Thanks for reading !
Merry Christmas 🙂
It’s been a while I have posted some content and this post is for everyone who feels overwhelmed because of too much stuff going on in life at times.
I have always been a super ambitious, super hyperactive, multitasking person with a high degree of OCD (google it if you don’t know what an OCD is 😉 ). I always have lots to do which most of the times make me feel good of myself but there are times when i become anxious too. I am sure there are many others like me in this journey so thought of writing this in my post.
- Do all you want to, no matter what others think or say – Do follow your heart no matter how insane it sounds just go for it. My mum always said when you think something’s difficult or even impossible, you should definitely try doing that because anyway you know it’s impossible but who knows, you may succeed.
- Keep yourself occupied with stuff you do for love of it – Being occupied is the thing which keeps you going. Talking about women specially homemakers, you do a great job taking care of your families n all but do keep some slot to do something of your interest, outside tasks related to family, kids. Your husband and kids won’t always be available and if you dont do anything outside them, you feel empty someday.
- Be financially independent
- – Following your passion is one thing which may or may not pay you well. Being financially independent is a must.
- Don’t look for your happiness in people or things – Yes we all are social animals and pretty much affected by people around us which is fine but depending on others to keep you happy will only disappoint over a period of time.
- When things turn messy, take a break – I know it’s easy said than done but at times we need to force shut ourselves just like a computer. Relax yourself when you feel you are too much under perssure. No matter what it takes, taking a vacation, lessening your social presence or digital detoxification or simply cutting yourself off from everyone for the time being. Go easy on your own self.
I too am still working on many pointers but shared whatever i have experienced. Hope this helps atleast to people like me 😄
That’s all for now guys!
Please do let me know your thoughts in comments section.
Much Love !
A person starts the life caring for others more than his/her own self and one fine day end up being cared by none. And that day we-the people around such loving caring person turn that soul into someone like each of us – careless, self-centered !
If we don’t realize this in time, the world would be left with full of selfish people with no love, empathy and care. Feel for the ones who put some efforts for you 😊
Good Night ✨
Many of you must be aware of the products that I am gonna discuss about in this particular post but I would still insist to go through as I have added summary of pointers which I either learnt from my own experience or heard from some famous people established in beauty industry.
So we all love makeup, and in quest of finding what suits us best.
As they say –
“Makeup is not to beautify an ugly thing,
But to enhance the beauty that already exists !”
So next time someone shames you for makeup, shoot the above punch line 😉 (I am gonna do this for sure(evil) )
Assuming that we all do facewash and moisturizing our skin on a regular basis (what a silly point though 😛 ), I am gonna talk about few makeup products one must have to get ready for some occasion( not as routine containing all of the below, unless you be a celebrity 😉 )
1. Foundation (with or without concealer and primer) –
Foundation as the name suggests, is the base of your makeup which would cover any pigmentation, dark circles, marks, scars on your skin. There are different types of moisturizer available in market from different brands of course. But coverage-wise you can choose from medium coverage to full coverage foundations.
Medium coverage are the ones which would not cover all the flaws of skin so great but are good if you have relatively good skin.
Full coverage foundations covers all the blemishes, scars, dark circles etc on your skin. There are products which makes your skin look poreless too. So looking for a best foundation based on your skin type and color can be a tricky job.
Also, as almost all beauty bloggers would suggest, make sure the foundation color you choose is maximum 1 shade lighter than your skin tone else it won’t match your body color and you might end up looking funny.
Primer when applied may hep your foundation to go smoother and last longer. It comes in the form of gel,powder and cream. You can use foundation on top of primer(suggested) or without that too .I don’t always go for it though.
Concealer is to hide spots, dark circles, uneven skin tones etc. You may choose to ignore this if your skin is fairly good which we all want end of the day 😉
I am sure everyone’s aware of what Kohl (famously known as Kajal ) is all about. To apply kajal, make a line from the inside corner of your eye to the outer edge along your upper water line. I seldom ignore this one in my makeup routine as I end up looking ill without it 😀
3. Lipstick –
Again , we all know what a lipstick is. We use it over our lips to color them in some pretty colors. There are different types of lipsticks available in market – Liquid lipsticks, matte lipstick, satin finish lipsticks, glossy lipsticks, moisturizing lipsticks, some lip balms are also colored these days, long wear and transfer resistant lipstick (I reviewed 2 of them and provided swatches in one of my blogs – from Maybelline) etc.
There are numerous shades available in the market and I am never satisfied with my shopping for lipsticks. I always feel can have more 😉
4. Eye-Shadow –
Eye shadow is to give some pretty or dramatic look to your eye lids. These are again comes as gel or powder. These looks great when properly done, in pictures and so all beauty blogger make sure their eye game is perfect 😉
5. Eye-Liner –
Eye liner is applied on the crease of your eye lid from where your lashes starts. Well we knew that too, who doesn’t want a perfectly applied winged eye liner after all 😉 . These comes in different colors too. I have done many experiments with these ones and they look amazing.
Tip – Start with brown color ones if you aren’t pretty sure that you would be able to apply those with perfection.
6. Mascara –
This is to give you those long, dense , black curled eye lashes. you can use fake eye lashes instead too. I am not a fan of those yet though. Be very careful while applying mascara or you may end up ruining your foundation.
7. Highlighter –
Highlighter is applied on cheek bones as well as on your nose and forehead areas to give that shiny looking perfect dewy face.
8 Contour –
Contour is to make your face look slimmer and may be hide a double chin (not always though 😀 ). This is applied just under your cheek bones and beneath your jaw line. You need to be really good in applying this because it’s generally 2 shades darker than your skin color and if you mess up, may end up looking awful. So word of caution-first practice it well then you are good to go 🙂 .
I am not a big fan of contour though !!!!
Long post though 😀 but I hope it was little educational and useful though 🙂
Please tell me how you found this post to be in Comments section.
You can follow my Blog page for more such posts.
Stay positive stay beautiful 😉
If there was no God, how would your mother know, despite of being thousands of kms away from you, when you need her the most 🙂
Lucky we are to have a mother, value her!
Disclaimer – Views present in this post are purely based on the thoughts that come to my mind and the purpose behind this would never be -to hurt someone’s emotions or religious sentiments !
Hypocrisy or double standards – known terms?
I am sure those are very well known terms and we all must have come across and felt terrible of it being victims. But the food for thought is, are we as people also being hypocrites?
Most of us wouldn’t agree to it and we think we are very much righteous and far away from being hypocrite. I have some questions .. think about those and decide if you have been hypocrite, if so, can you do something to correct it?
We as progressive world together want our women to work as professionals, be independent, have same place as men. BUT the moment a woman steps out, she faces the double standards – I personally faced many of them.
1. She was promoted at her work place – “Of course in the name of DIVERSITY OR simply because she’s WOMAN” and
if she doesn’t get promoted – “Because she took maternity leave and the other guy who got promotion was productive during all those months when she was busy taking care of her kid”
Where is DIVERSITY now?
2. If she’s staying back at work late hours (of course because she also might have deadlines) – “eyebrows are raised, her character might be questioned too”.
If she finishes her work faster and leaves – “She has no work,obviously she’ll leave early”
What is she supposed to do?
3. Boozing -If she chooses not to drink “She couldn’t pick a drink because she belongs to a small town and has no class”
If she drinks like a pro – “She has no character”
Can you please stop being judgmental?
4. Balancing Marriage/Kids and Career – If she chooses to quit her career for marriage/kids – “She is not good enough so she quit”
If she tries to manage her career along with home and obviously some days when she’s having tough days at office – “But end of the day house is representation of the woman of the house and Kids? Well raising kids is a woman’s job after all.
Her job is also a JOB. Be considerate !
Next few points are strictly for Hindu beliefs we follow in India (Reiterating – NO INTENT OF HURTING ANYONE’S SENTIMENTS but i need the answers)
1. God Ram is called as “Maryada Purushottam” – one who’s peerless among men.
BUT how can a man ( who was a king of all) be worshiped and became so great to be called GOD who abandoned his wife based on views of a washerman . How can he be “Purushottam”?
2. We worship Radha-Krishna (who were actually lovers and not spouse – never got married)
But people having love interest are called by names and in some societies called characterless? HYPOCRISY at it’s peak.
3. Women though considered as Goddess, and ironically tortured in all possible ways, be it rape of a 3 year old, torturing/burning a woman alive for dowry, domestic violence, or exploited simply in the name of being “women”
4. Why only women are being judged by the length of their clothes and are called by names however we don’t have this trend of shaming men for their choice of clothes?
5. Why is it so that married women “Need to look married” by putting sindoor, mangalsootra etc but no such conditions are applied to men and they can be the way they are?
6. Why women are expected to fast for the long lives of their husbands, kids etc etc whereas if for any reason their husbands died, they were made to die a painful death by burning themselves alive in the name of “Sati”?
There are many others which I would raise in some other post. But for now, I need the answers and if we don’t have the answers for these can be please stop being HYPOCRITES , be LESS JUDGEMENTAL, and MORE CONSIDERATE.
Live and Let live 🙂 . Make this world a beautiful place for others, be the cause of others’ smile not sorrow.
Think about it !!!!
Signing off for now
Hey you dear, This post is for you if you are struggling with hair concerns – Split ends, Damaged hair, Frizzy hair, Hair fall?
This post I am also dedicating to my friends and neighbors who wanted me to post about the best hair care products I came across and I am very much glad to post something which would be of help for them 🙂
Trust me I have tried multiple brands and different products for my hair and this review is definitely gonna explain the products I believe are the best !
To begin with, I have this mania for doing experiments on my hair (or in broader ways on every other thing related to looks 😉 ). You name a thing and I must have tried that, be it coloring my hair, doing straightening/rebonding, perming (of course always from renowned parlors only – so you know, that hair damage is done by any chemical process how much ever best parlor u choose )
Still, soon after almost every experiment my hair went through harsh phase – used to have really pathetic split ends, then was suffering for hair fall for months together despite of using the prescribed products by the parlors.
That’s how my hunt for a hair care product began. Tried multiple brands’ products on my hair so I could save and improve my hair and it finally ended on this “L’Oreal Professionnel Absolut Repair Lipidium range” products.
I am currently using the products from this same range only. Let me admit, being curious to try other brands I do buy other brands’ every now and then but finally end up using this product only .
Products I use –
1. L’Oreal Professionnel Absolut Repair Lipidium Shampoo –
This comes for a price of INR 635/- for 300 ml of product bottle.
You can buy it from here
2. L’Oreal Professionnel Serie Expert Absolut Repair Lipidium Masque –
This is available for INR 780/-, 250 ml of product bottle.
You can buy it from here
Pros of the above two products-
- Makes hair frizz-free and manageable.
- Restores damaged hair.
- Renders Protection from harsh elements.
- Hair is rendered to be smooth and shiny.
- Does not weigh your hair down.
- Protects and strengthens the hair.
I also used the serum from this range but moved to another product of same brand which is –
3. L’oreal Professionnel Liss Unlimited Primrose oil – I have moved to this one (from L’Oreal Professionnel Serie Expert Absolut Repair Lipidium Serum) because my hair was very dry and frizzy and I wanted a serum which would sooth my hair while not making it sticky and guess what, this darling piece works perfectly as expected. Also, you would hardly need
You can buy it from here. It comes for a price of INR 650/- for 125 ml of product. Very little on your hair, work wonders.
Pros of this product –
- Smoothens and adds shine to your hair.
- Use this as a conditioning serum to keep your hair soft and frizz-free.
- Get thicker and glossier hair by using this serum.
- Coating each strand, this hair serum promises a polished finish.
- Ideal for thick and rebellious hair.
- Has a lovely, subtle fragrance – I personally just LOVE THIS FRAGRANCE ❤
I have tried using Shampoo and Masque/Conditioner from “Liss Unlimited” and it was awful experience, those won’t even clean the hair properly.
SO use these in combination !
I personally am very impressed by these products in particular and keep coming back to these ones after trying multiple others.
If you’re wondering why I need to go n check out other products when I have found my soul mates – Simple as that could be, we girls are never satisfied and after trying multiple products, my faith is restored that I am using the BEST of all !!!
SO girls, give it a try and please do share your experience with me in Comments section.
You can also follow my blog or choose to follow my FB page –
Hope this post narrows down your search for best hair care products and was of some help !
Don’t Envy anyone for what they have or achieved in life, you have no idea what they have been through to stand where they do !
They reach where they are because they worked hard for it, had it in their stars/destiny or most importantly GOD blessed them that way 🙂
Be appreciative, supportive, and love all !!!!