A very happy new year. May this year brings a lot of happiness ij your lives and you all be blessed with everything you wish for.
New year is the time of year where we all are super excited for the year to come, always wishing that with a new year we’ll be getting over with problems and have a life like never before (atleast a kid in me always thought so 😊)
Definitely, lot of it does happen, we all try to be more happy, successful, surrounded with less problems etc etc but we may not achieve many of the thingsnwe hope for.
I have started looking at the New Year little differently. I do make resolutions but more realistic ones 😉, still dream big but make sure I work towards that more than I could ever do, don’t hope to become someone else but try to improve myself, remain positive as much as I can, try to keep myself at peace and happy and one last thing, try to be less hesitant in doing something which once I thought was impossible.
Change is a slow process and persistence is the key.
Talking about Resolutions, I also have some, more realistic than previous years though 😁
- Stay positive and try to be independent in terms of my own happiness. As I am growing every year, understanding the importance of happiness over everything else. Being emotional and being emotionally dependent are two completely different worlds. So I would try to focus and keep myself happy without depending on anything or anyone, this year 🙂
- Would try to balance personal and professional lives. I admit I at times am ignorant towards few things because I fail to balance my personal and professional lives and this is one of the major resolutions this year.
- Need to take care and work on my own health. I am the kind of person who sucks at paying attention to my own health many a times which gradually would be a big pain so yeah this is something i need to work on very seriously.
- Letting things go. Well, we all read about it a lot but little do we apply (at least I don’t). Anything which doesn’t help you grow, you NEED to let that go be it a bad habit of your own or an abusive friendship/relationship. I admit of holding on to things way more than needed and which is the worst thing to do.
These are few resolutions that I had made for this new year, not sure how much of it I can live upto, though 😁
What are your resolutions for this new year? Do write in comments, would love to read !!!
One more time, Happy New Year. Stay healthy n happy 😊
Hey you beautiful people,
This is Christmas, New Year season and that time of the year where all you would see is SALE SALE SALE ! 😅 .. Well, quite literally 🙄
Just like most of us, I too am a big time shopaholic who just need reasons to shop.
However after doing hell lot of shopping during this Shopping season, I realized and understood few gimmicks that online stores play and we as buyers may not understand and rush to shop almost everything. So here i am writing few from my personal experience
- Free Gifts – There would be some offers under which the online stores promise to privide a free gift on a minimum purchasee of, say a particular brand. I bought ‘Stay Quirky’ brand’s products worth Rs. 999 just to receive a free gift lipstick. Well, firstly I didn’t have a plan to buy products of this particular brand worth rs. 999 but because I wanted that one free lipstick, i made the cart value as min 999/-. Now, the product that I received as a free gift was a lip crayon which was of the color I believe nobody in this planet would go for 😑 . So the point is Free Gifts that they provide you are the ones least sold and which may be of no use.
- No discounts on LUXE brands – While the whole website of the online shopping store will flash with offers discounts blah blah, you won’t find discounts on Luxury brands like Clinique, Estee Lauder etc. I have tried buying Clinique moisturizer on discount cos this is Sales season and guess what, failed to locate one website which selling that on discounted price. Not sure what Sales is all about if what I actually need is on MRP.
- You may received damaged products – Yes, you read that right. I have recently bought a Maybelline high end lip mousse because I was getting that in discount of course but when i received it, it wasnt seal(I assumed liquid lipsticks may not always be sealed) and it was all dried. Also, check for the expiry dates of the products you receive as high chancea are, discounted products are the ones expiring soon and the website just needs to clear the stock.
- You may end up over buying and products you don’t need only – At least I do this. However I do use the products but make sure you buy the ones you actually need and don’t make your budget suffer 😁
Well, this was all on this topic. Please do let me know your take and experiences in Comments.
I have recently bought L’oreal Professionnel Lipidium Masque and Shampoo from Amazon (India). I normally don’t buy cosmetics/personal care stuff from Amazon/Flipkart/eBay but since there was some good discount, I bought it.
After, using the masque for the first time itself, I realized there’s something different because I have been using the same series for years now and very well know the texture and smell of the same.
The texture of this particular product was different and so was the smell. I realized the product from Amazon as not authentic as next thing I did was ordering the same products from Nykaa and comparing the two.
Same experience I had when I had bought Maybelline New York Colossal Kajal from eBay India.
The products you would receive from these sites are very much similar in packaging to the original ones but with 100% guarantee I can vouch they don’t send you original products. Please don’t fall prey to these.
Hope this information helps you buying original and authentic products !
Please let me know in comments if you had similar experience
Thanks for reading,
This post is little different from what I write generally. This would fall under informative posts category 😀
So I recently became customer of Citi Bank and I have called their customer support for some concern. The representative asked me if I would want to be a part of “Voice Authentication Service”, knowing little about it, I said Yes.
This Voice Authentication Service is a service in which when you call the Citi Bank customer care for any issues, your identity will be authenticated by your voice alone and no hassle of proving your identity by providing them different proofs.
“Time is Money”. And this simple yet useful service would help you save some time and hassle.
Hope this information was helpful for those who are unaware of it yet like I was until now.
Though this was a post little different from the categories I write about but thought of just sharing the info as it might be useful for some.
Thanks for reading !
Merry Christmas 🙂
It’s been a while I have posted some content and this post is for everyone who feels overwhelmed because of too much stuff going on in life at times.
I have always been a super ambitious, super hyperactive, multitasking person with a high degree of OCD (google it if you don’t know what an OCD is 😉 ). I always have lots to do which most of the times make me feel good of myself but there are times when i become anxious too. I am sure there are many others like me in this journey so thought of writing this in my post.
- Do all you want to, no matter what others think or say – Do follow your heart no matter how insane it sounds just go for it. My mum always said when you think something’s difficult or even impossible, you should definitely try doing that because anyway you know it’s impossible but who knows, you may succeed.
- Keep yourself occupied with stuff you do for love of it – Being occupied is the thing which keeps you going. Talking about women specially homemakers, you do a great job taking care of your families n all but do keep some slot to do something of your interest, outside tasks related to family, kids. Your husband and kids won’t always be available and if you dont do anything outside them, you feel empty someday.
- Be financially independent
- – Following your passion is one thing which may or may not pay you well. Being financially independent is a must.
- Don’t look for your happiness in people or things – Yes we all are social animals and pretty much affected by people around us which is fine but depending on others to keep you happy will only disappoint over a period of time.
- When things turn messy, take a break – I know it’s easy said than done but at times we need to force shut ourselves just like a computer. Relax yourself when you feel you are too much under perssure. No matter what it takes, taking a vacation, lessening your social presence or digital detoxification or simply cutting yourself off from everyone for the time being. Go easy on your own self.
I too am still working on many pointers but shared whatever i have experienced. Hope this helps atleast to people like me 😄
That’s all for now guys!
Please do let me know your thoughts in comments section.
Much Love !
A person starts the life caring for others more than his/her own self and one fine day end up being cared by none. And that day we-the people around such loving caring person turn that soul into someone like each of us – careless, self-centered !
If we don’t realize this in time, the world would be left with full of selfish people with no love, empathy and care. Feel for the ones who put some efforts for you 😊
Good Night ✨
Many of you must be aware of the products that I am gonna discuss about in this particular post but I would still insist to go through as I have added summary of pointers which I either learnt from my own experience or heard from some famous people established in beauty industry.
So we all love makeup, and in quest of finding what suits us best.
As they say –
“Makeup is not to beautify an ugly thing,
But to enhance the beauty that already exists !”
So next time someone shames you for makeup, shoot the above punch line 😉 (I am gonna do this for sure(evil) )
Assuming that we all do facewash and moisturizing our skin on a regular basis (what a silly point though 😛 ), I am gonna talk about few makeup products one must have to get ready for some occasion( not as routine containing all of the below, unless you be a celebrity 😉 )
1. Foundation (with or without concealer and primer) –
Foundation as the name suggests, is the base of your makeup which would cover any pigmentation, dark circles, marks, scars on your skin. There are different types of moisturizer available in market from different brands of course. But coverage-wise you can choose from medium coverage to full coverage foundations.
Medium coverage are the ones which would not cover all the flaws of skin so great but are good if you have relatively good skin.
Full coverage foundations covers all the blemishes, scars, dark circles etc on your skin. There are products which makes your skin look poreless too. So looking for a best foundation based on your skin type and color can be a tricky job.
Also, as almost all beauty bloggers would suggest, make sure the foundation color you choose is maximum 1 shade lighter than your skin tone else it won’t match your body color and you might end up looking funny.
Primer when applied may hep your foundation to go smoother and last longer. It comes in the form of gel,powder and cream. You can use foundation on top of primer(suggested) or without that too .I don’t always go for it though.
Concealer is to hide spots, dark circles, uneven skin tones etc. You may choose to ignore this if your skin is fairly good which we all want end of the day 😉
I am sure everyone’s aware of what Kohl (famously known as Kajal ) is all about. To apply kajal, make a line from the inside corner of your eye to the outer edge along your upper water line. I seldom ignore this one in my makeup routine as I end up looking ill without it 😀
3. Lipstick –
Again , we all know what a lipstick is. We use it over our lips to color them in some pretty colors. There are different types of lipsticks available in market – Liquid lipsticks, matte lipstick, satin finish lipsticks, glossy lipsticks, moisturizing lipsticks, some lip balms are also colored these days, long wear and transfer resistant lipstick (I reviewed 2 of them and provided swatches in one of my blogs – from Maybelline) etc.
There are numerous shades available in the market and I am never satisfied with my shopping for lipsticks. I always feel can have more 😉
4. Eye-Shadow –
Eye shadow is to give some pretty or dramatic look to your eye lids. These are again comes as gel or powder. These looks great when properly done, in pictures and so all beauty blogger make sure their eye game is perfect 😉
5. Eye-Liner –
Eye liner is applied on the crease of your eye lid from where your lashes starts. Well we knew that too, who doesn’t want a perfectly applied winged eye liner after all 😉 . These comes in different colors too. I have done many experiments with these ones and they look amazing.
Tip – Start with brown color ones if you aren’t pretty sure that you would be able to apply those with perfection.
6. Mascara –
This is to give you those long, dense , black curled eye lashes. you can use fake eye lashes instead too. I am not a fan of those yet though. Be very careful while applying mascara or you may end up ruining your foundation.
7. Highlighter –
Highlighter is applied on cheek bones as well as on your nose and forehead areas to give that shiny looking perfect dewy face.
8 Contour –
Contour is to make your face look slimmer and may be hide a double chin (not always though 😀 ). This is applied just under your cheek bones and beneath your jaw line. You need to be really good in applying this because it’s generally 2 shades darker than your skin color and if you mess up, may end up looking awful. So word of caution-first practice it well then you are good to go 🙂 .
I am not a big fan of contour though !!!!
Long post though 😀 but I hope it was little educational and useful though 🙂
Please tell me how you found this post to be in Comments section.
You can follow my Blog page for more such posts.
Stay positive stay beautiful 😉